Property Inspection Changes During COVID-19
HUD has issued a new notice to inspectors on how they want to move forward with HUD property inspections during COVID. The notice can be found here: https://www.us-hc.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/COVID-19-Inspection-Protocol-Notice-2020.pdf
Key points to the notice include:
- The property must be in an area that is green on the REAC COVID map found here: https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/public_indian_housing/reac
- The housing authority will receive a call 14 days prior to the inspection. The housing authority needs to be able to tell the inspector if there are any positive COVID cases in an units on property.
- The housing authority will receive a second call two days prior to inspection. The housing authority needs to be able to tell the inspector if there are any positive COVID cases in an units on property.
- The Inspector must make sure they have not testing COVID positive in the last 30 days.
- Personal Protective Equipment must be worn by everyone entering the unit.
- Only one person from the housing authority can accompany the inspector.
- Social distancing of 6 feet must be kept. The inspector may ask the resident to step outside to maintain six feet of social distance.
- The inspector and housing authority personnel can not lay anything down while in the unit.
- All used PPE will be removed outside and disposed of properly.
- If at any time, someone in the unit or performing inspections feels sick, they are to report it immediately. The inspection will stop and the unit will be marked “COVID Concerns.”
Currently Georgia is a yellow state. I do not expect inspections here for some time. The Housing Authority continues to work very hard to complete emergency work orders in a timely manner while keeping everyone healthy.
To prevent the spread of COVID, please contact Jodie Key if anyone in your family has a COVID test. Reporting testing or a positive results will NOT hurt your ability to be housed. We want to keep you and your family safe at all times. We are here to help you. We will all get through this together.
Kelly S. Evans, Executive Director